Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

To Blog or not to Blog

I set up this blog for somewhere to go when I need to sound off, to release, to let go, to explore whatever is going on for me at the moment.
I have another blog, which I launched seven months ago, which follows our family life, our adventures, and is a wonderful, positive, happy little blog. It is successful in it's own little way, it has opened doors for me that I never thought possible, with review opportunities, connecting with other bloggers and more.

My other blog has become more than  hobby, it is my corner of the internet to record and share my family, and what we do.



It is kind of anonymous, but I do share photos of me and my family freely, although I haven't disclosed the blog address or details to my family or through my personal facebook.

I have had betrayal personally from people who I thought were friends, and actually weren't. People watching what I was doing, and either wanting to drag me down, or copy me.

So, when I set up my other blog, I knew from the start that I would not talk about it. Except to my eldest, Diva, who also blogs, and who inspired, and encouraged me to start. My other children know about it too, and my parents now know I blog, but not the address.
Diva knows my other blog details, and loves it. She does not know about this one, although I told her I was launching an anonymous blog for me, and she agreed it would help me.

This has to be completely private, truly anonymous so that I can really be me.

Then I ask myself 'Why?' Why am I doing this? Every minute spent on this, is a minute lost from my other blog, that I do believe could really go somewhere. 

I started this one, not caring if anyone ever read it, or found it, just somewhere for me.
But then my desire to be acknowledged, approved of, accepted kicks in, and actually, I do want someone to read it. To like it. To hear me.

I think of how my other blog has grown in seven months. And I think of what I need to put into it. But I need this one too. I need this space. For my sanity.

So, I guess I have to blog, whether anyone reads it or not! Oh, and if you are reading this, thank you and I hope you like it x


Binky Linky
Post Comment Love

13 comments:

  1. I love both your blogs! Blogging can be a great form of therapy when you just need to get something off your chest! You're doing a great job. Thanks for linking up to the #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww thank you so much, that means so much to me x x

      Delete
  2. I think it's great that you have somewhere that you can say how you feel without anyone in real life judging and passing opinion. It's good to have a release x #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with both your blogs - if you decide to stick with the two of them. I know I couldn't manage two so well done for getting this far! Everyone definitely needs a venting place though be it blog, friend or diary so I totally hear you on that count! #Binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that Blogging is great therapy. I blogged soley for myself for over 4 years! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great idea, I have only recently started blogging and has had a big impact on my positivity already! I am really nervous that people I know 'in real life' find out I blog! Looking forward to future posts! #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. My blog is a mix of happy and sad and depressing times. My life but there are things that I cant still write in there that I wish I can. It is always nice to have a space to vent out negative thoughts. I will be reading both the blogs =) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its a great idea, good luck with it. my blog is also kept semi anonymous, I too have pictures but the only person in my real life network of friends and family that know about it is my husband. I have been tempted to tell others but I don't think they would understand it and im scared they would think its silly! #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a lovely idea and good luck! Everyone needs their own private time away, so don't feel guilty that it's anonymous. Only my friend, people within an Edinburgh bloggers Facebook group and people who happen to stumble across my blog know about it and personally I haven't let my parents know either as its my own little space. You only have yourself to answer to, no one else. :) #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is definitely a kind of therapy, I keep a diary where I write all sorts of random stuff but if I didn't I definitely think I'd need a seperate blog like yours, plenty of people are reading lovely :)

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this will really help you, and that's one of the best reasons to blog! Lovely post #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - blogging is a great way to express yourself but there are days when I too think do I really want to write & no one read. But we all
    Are so :)!!! #binkylink

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think blogging is a great way to organise your thoughts, I know that it is for me. I find it very therapeutic. I think that it is great that you have the two blogs and I think that this is something that I'd like to do in the future. There are many things that I would be unable to share on my other blog, without serious repercussions. I think keeping it anonymous is even better as it makes it easier to feel like you are being more honest. I check back on this blog, and your other one, regularly. Sharing your experiences can only be a good thing for you and your readers. Thanks for linking up to #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete