Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Sinking to new depths

Sunday 17 August 2014
Just when I thought that he couldn't get any lower, than spreading malicious lies about Diva, my ex surprises me again!
He is now texting her. Offloading his abuse on her. She is just 18. She is off to UNi next month, starting a new life. He seems set to destroy it. To destroy her. Why? I have felt unnerved twice through this, once a couple of weeks ago when his texts reached an all time low of abuse and craziness, rambling, the wine clearly flowing, and tonight. It's gone midnight and I'm wide wake. I feel uneasy. A weird feeling inside. How can he still have such a hold on us - on me? 
I know Diva feels uneasy too. Scared? Maybe. You see, Jon clearly has mental health issues, and is quite possibly an alcoholic. So, I suppose, he is scary? 

Monday 18 August 2014
Diva was woken at 1.40am with a vile text telling her she is spineless. From a 49 year old man. Who was, bar a piece of paper, her step father for almost fifteen years. 
And guess what? He is texting me asking me to meet. To go for dinner, and, wait for it, to go away with him for the weekend!! To mend things! All the while, hating my eldest, MY DAUGHTER. 

We were going to go to the police, but, I thought through what could happen, and, in his present mental state, Jon could turn it all around and try and prosecute Diva for assault. And knowing our crazy legal system, she could well be arrested, and even cautioned. So convincing is his version of events. 

We have to stay strong. United. Together, we know the truth. Diva is devastated. She couldn't go to work this evening because she feels so upset and affected by all this.

She is a beautiful girl. Inside and out. She does not deserve this. She is gentle, caring, loving. Yes, a typical teenage girl. Moody, irritable, unpredictable. But not spineless. Or a liar. Or evil. Or full of bad blood. Or any of the other horrific things that she has been called. 

I just hope that he can't sink any lower.....

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong mumma. I'm sorry you're having to go through this and Diva is getting this abuse. Remember what goes around comes around xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you xx thank you. It's horrible :(

    ReplyDelete