Pages

Monday 25 August 2014

Is this normal?


Tonight, between 7pm and 9.30pm I received 20 texts from you.
This happens three to four times a week, I am guessing, depending on how fast the wine is flowing.
They start, quite civil, almost nice...

I reply that I will not be going away with you, as we are over.... Then I ignore the next few texts. The texts from you change....


Then....


I continue to ignore the texts, which are progressively absusive.

Then you send....


This is only a snapshot into the dozens and dozens of texts I receive from you. You can no longer abuse me face to face. But you continue your barrage of abuse from your phone. I ask you to stop sending me abuse. 
You reply 'it is not abuse, it is the truth.'

I have written this post actually thinking that maybe it isn't abuse. I am so used to how you speak to me, how you treat me, that it is normal. 
You call me names. You call my daughter names. 
And you have done it for so long that I think it is normal.







4 comments:

  1. Hi I want to private message you about this xx Stay strong x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you xx thank you, I'll PM you on Facebook xx

      Delete
  2. This is certainly not normal. Save these messages, in case you need them for any action you need to take in the future. You have done the best thing by ignoring them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have saved them all - dozens of them. Thank you x

      Delete