Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Against all odds Three A Levels

I am so very proud of Diva, who has, we found out on Thursday, got three A levels to her name, including A* in Psychology, A in English and C in Drama - to add to her 11 GCSE's! She has secured her place in Uni next month, and we are all over the moon.

She has had a difficult summer, and although I knew she would do well in her exams, it is such  relief to see the results in black and white.


The week before Diva had her main A Level exams, her father (my ex husband) threw out his long term partner of over 10 years, in a huge row apparently, then he proceeded to have a melt down, choosing Diva to be his main support. He leant heavily on her, and it was very upsetting to see her so distressed at seeing her father fall apart. I was also very cross with him for the whole scenario - well, for putting it all on Diva at that time.

Especially when he proceeded to do all that he could to woo his partner back, which he did, and they have been acting like loves young dream for the past couple of weeks. All the while, my ex husband is totally oblivious to the fact that he could have seriously messed up Diva's exams, grades, and therefore the next three years of her life.

During this time, Diva was bleeding quite heavily in between her periods, which has now stopped thank goodness, I think it was stress. She was very worried though, as was I, but I wasn't facing big exams, which would affect the rest of my life. So, she has had a tricky time......

......on top of all this, Jon, my ex partner, her 'step' dad, although we never married, chose our family holiday abroad in June / July to pick at her, and me, to pick holes in everything about the holiday, then turn on me, causing two huge rows, which ended up in Diva hitting him. Once. He pushed her and pushed her and pushed her verbally until she lashed out. He returned home and has spread vicious lies about her ever since. I actually think he has mental health problems. My other two children were present (I had taken little KP out to shield him from the shouting), and they both support Diva, confirming the incident happened exactly as she said it did. Diva was devastated, as we all were at the way Jon has turned on her.

So, despite all this, my amazing, incredible daughter has secured her future with flying colours, and leaves next month to start her new life......which is a whole other blog post! 


 photo 93142f35-6d39-479f-b3de-d94dbca68162_zps58499252.jpg

Single Mother Ahoy

4 comments:

  1. Well done Diva, you've done so well despite everything. Perhaps you should pop along and see the doctor about the bleeding tho in case there's something else behind it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zena, Yes, we've had several visits, and a scan. All ok :) thank you x

      Delete
  2. Well done to Diva, especially with everything else going on #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's been a tough time, but she's a tough cookie x

      Delete