Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Count your Blessings



All of them.
Although I am feeling so low right now, I have had two shocks that have made me STOP and count my blessings. Yesterday I had an eye test, and something has shown up on the back of my right eye. The optometrist is sure it's nothing serious, probably a tiny healed scar. But OH MY GOD it scared me. My sight? My eyes? Having been short sighted since I was 11, and quite badly so, I am used to wearing contact lenses and glasses, and not having 20/20 vision, but losing my sight?? 

Not being able to see my beautiful children, my family, my home, the sea.....it does not bear thinking about. 

Today I found that that my dearest friends mother has died. My friend is 48. I am 43. I could not function right now without my mother. 

Whatever I am facing, I am ok.

I will be ok.

I am lucky, I am blessed. 
I have my senses, my health, my children are healthy and thriving, my family are well.

All is well.
I truly Count my Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment